150+ British Swear Words List
150+ British swear words list, including curse words, insults words, cuss words, offensive words, sexual words, dirty words, and more for Free Download.
Britain, officially the United Kingdom (UK), is one of the greatest countries in the world, with a population of more than 67.44 Million according to 2022 estimates.
Britain is a country in Europe, and the national capital is London which is the largest city with a population of 8.9 million.
British Empire, more or less, covered a quarter of the world’s land surface, from New Zealand to South Africa. The British language is popular in the British Empire and many other countries such as Australia, and North America.
You could not imagine that the British language would evolve to almost a million words, and many single swearing words are probably Jokes in British!
What is Profanity?
Profanity is a bad offensive social language that people use within their society, within their social media, on the internet, moreover, in movies, in literature, in TV shows, and sometimes at home with their family.
Swear words and Bad words are common in most cultures but it varies from one place to another. All languages have their own swear and bad words used in everyday conversations, especially the milder bad words.
Swear Words Types & Meaning
A swear word is a word or phrase that’s generally considered blasphemous, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive. These are also called bad Words, obscenities, expletives, dirty words, profanities, and four-letter words.
The act of using a swear word is known as swearing or cursing. Swear word serves many different functions in different social contexts. Swear words may express annoyance, aggression, and insult, for instance, or they may express solidarity and friendliness.
- Curse Words – Profane or obscene words, especially as used in anger or for emphasis.
- Insult Words – Words used to treat with insolence, indignity, or contempt, also to affect offensively or damagingly.
- Offensive Words – Words that arouse resentment, annoyance, or anger.
- Dirty Words – A vulgar or taboo word or any word, name, or concept considered reprehensible.
- Rude Words – Discourteous or impolite words, used especially in a deliberate way.
- Sexual Words – Words related to male and female, mother, father, sister, wife, lesbians, homosexuals, people, animals, intersex organisms, and their body parts.
- Vulgar Words – Words that are characterized by ignorance of or lack of good breeding or taste.
- Obscene Words – Offends you because it relates to sex or violence in a way that you think is unpleasant and shocking.
- Naughty Words – Means disobedient, mischievous, or generally misbehaving, particularly when applied to children.
- Inappropriate Words – Words not useful or suitable for a particular situation or purpose.
How to use and set up our British Swear Words List
Use a Profanity Filter to censor content on your website to easily filter and block out all swear words from your website.
Copy all the swear words from your Swear Words List, and then, paste them into the Profanity Filter “Keywords Comment Moderation Box”. You may also add any specific words or any forms of unwanted content that you want to be filtered and blocked out.
Please note that most platforms have a profanity filter, just as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, WordPress, and many more. And according to your platform, moreover, you can also find so many free profanity filters and plugins on the net.
British Swear Words List Download
Please note that our British Bad Words List is for free download for personal and commercial use, such as websites, applications, and projects.
The List is offered in 2 different file formats, firstly, TXT file format, and secondly, comma-separated TXT format. You are free to download the one that meets your requirements.
Please note that a large file will greatly slow down your site!, but our British Swear Words List is just 1.84 KB, which is really very small file size.
Complete List of Swear Words in the British Language
Text File – One word per line
Comma-separated Text File
You May Also Like:
Thank you for stopping by, have a nice day!
Last Update: Dec 6, 2022