Bad Words, Swear Words, Offensive Words, Profanities Banned by Google
As the biggest internet company, and as the sole of internet, Google is taking a great care for internet search to offer clean and useful results. Therefore, whenever you type a word to search for, Google filter his results to show most relevant matches and keeping his results safe and clean from any bad words or offensive words. Right now, if you search for any explicit word or image, you never get what are typing because SafeSearch is always active.
From now on, everyone must take so much care about each word in his site to have the chance to be shown in Google’s search results to have traffic and score in search engines. For this reason I decide to offer a full list of bad, swear, offensive profanities words which are banned by Google.
Please note the Google neither released the official list nor give any free license for any site to release it, so what we are offering here is the bad words which many developers and coders had dug (pirated) through source code and extracted Google’s complete list of unspeakable words. So the list might not be strictly canonical, but in any case if you check the words list you will be sure that it is the right bad words that are banned by Google, so it’s important for anyone to try to avoid on his site or blog.
What to do with bad words list?
The bad words list is useful for many users and professionals, and may be used for:
- Bloggers may use the list to filter their writing and replace the bad words with more safe words for the visitors.
- Site owner and admin may use the list to filter their site content, mails and comments to keep their Website clean.
- Copy writers need the list to be sure that their articles words will not have offensive or unspeakable words that harming their readers.
- Generally, taking care and avoiding these bad words in any website or blog, surely will score in SERPs.
How can I know is that word is bad?
Three is a very simple way to check your word whether bad or not!
Google’s recently launched a new site; What Do You Love? It is a neat showcase for some of the company’s services, you may try to check some words from our list, you will be asked; What Do You Love?
- If you type any bad word from our list, you will be false redirected to “kittens” instead of your word, which means this that word is one of Google’s banned words.
- If you type for example “Flowers” you will be right redirected to “Flowers”, that means that this word is NOT banned by Google.
There are two lists for free download; the first is “Simple Main Bad Words List” which have only few original bad words. The Second list is “Full List of Bad Words Banned by Google” which is a large list. Both of them are offered in two different file format, CSV format and TXT format, so your are free to download the one which met your requirements.
|Simple List (CSV File)||_||Simple List (Text File)|
|Full List (CSV File)||_||Full List (Text File)|
At the moment, we can offer these lists in English, but we will do our best to translate to other languages as soon as possible, so revisit us again in the near future.
Free Profanity Site Scan
Site Scan for a quick report identifying what pages contain profanity within your site.